Updates and a surprise conversational collaboration episode between the Analog Explorer and Zulu Time Podcast.
Episode and show notes also available on Substack.
This week has been a busy production week with coordinating some future guests to be on the show as well as two recordings (more on that later). Earlier in the week I was able to meet on the mic Dan from the Zulu Time Podcast to catch up with him and his recent travels coming back from teaching photography (within his role as a British Army Photographer) in Kenya.
Just in time for the upcoming Watches and Wonders, on the mic is long-time Analog Explorer alumni Dan ( @Timely_Moments ) from the Zulu Time Podcast. This was a collaborative episode that came out of several different text threads we’ve been sharing over the last few weeks, hitting on three topics we’ve wanted to record about:
- Moonshine Moonswatch | and a retrospective one year later after the first Moonswatches
- Watches and Wonders | ‘Predictions,” hopes, and what trends we’d like to see.
- State of our collections | and goals for the next year
As always with a collab-episode, there will be an extended conversation version on the Zulu Time Podcast feed.
References in the episode
Mission To “Moonshine” Swatch
- Moonswatch https://www.swatch.com/en-us/bioceramic-moonswatch.html
- In the Watch-Muggle sphere https://www.wired.com/story/the-moonswatch-mission-to-moonshine-gold-is-limited-in-every-way/
- Hodinkee https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-new-moonswatch-mission-to-moonshine-gold-is-finally-here
- Original Moonswatch https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/stories/joint-mission-launch-bioceramic-moonswatch
Instead of a Moonswatch on my son’s wrist, he as been adventuring hard in his Blok watches over the last year.
Dan gets back an old watch he gifted to see if he can dive into tinkering and fixing.
The Baltic Bronze just keeps racking up dives with all that natural PNW patina.
Japanese Defense Force https://wristsushi.proboards.com/thread/20437/6139-7010-japanese-military-caseback?page=1
Vintage Sicura double crown double bezel “Dive Computer”
- Parasilk Jackets https://www.samarkandmerchants.com/
- @AnalogExplorer on WatchCrunch
- Waiting in between dives https://www.watchcrunch.com/AnalogExplorer/posts/time-in-between-dives-27679?ref=AnalogExplorer
- @DeeperBlue on WatchCrunch https://www.watchcrunch.com/deeperblue
- @Timely_Moments on WatchCrunch https://www.watchcrunch.com/Timely_Moments/posts/the-original-field-watches-an-opinion-post-29997
Garmin QuickFit Straps
- QuickFit 20- https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/895737/pn/010-13028-00
- QuickFit 22 – https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/766497/pn/010-13113-00
Collecting the “ing” around watches https://analogexplorer.substack.com/p/collect-ing-around-watches